Dr. Ranjeet Ranjan Kumar
Specialization: Biochemistry with specialization in Molecular Biology
Dr. Ranjeet is working on effect of elicitors on pollen viability and thermo tolerance capacity of wheat (Triticum aestivum L). To study the effect of climate change on activities of enzymes involved in starch biosynthetic pathway and its effect on structure of starch and quality parameters. A stage and tissue specific expression profiling of different HSPs and its functional and proteomic characterization. Deciphering the role of miRNA in expression of HSPs and total thermo tolerance capacity of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Transcriptome profiling of wheat (Triticum aestivum L) at reproductive stage under terminal heat shock.
1. Ranjeet R. Kumar, SunehaGoswami, Sushil K. Sharma, Khushboo Singh, Kritika A. Gadpayle, S. D. Singh, HimanshuPathak, Raj D. Rai (2012) Differential expression of heat shock protein and alteration in osmolyte accumulation under heat stress in wheat, J. Plant Biochem.&Biotechnol., (accepted).
2. Kumar, R. R., Goswami, S., Kumar, N., Pandey, S. K., Pandey, V. C., Sharma, S. K., Pathak, H. and Rai, R. D. (2011) Expression of novel ascorbate peroxidase isoenzymes of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in response to heat stress. International Journal of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 3(11):188-194.
3. Kumar, R. R. and Santha, I. M, (2009) Isolation and Characterization of Plastidial Localized, Seed Expressive Lysophosphatidyl Acyl Transferase (LPAAT) cDNA from Brassica juncea L., J. Plant Biochem. &Biotechnol., 18:225-228.
4. Kumar, R. R and Santha, I. M, (2009) Isolation and characterization of intron-less ER localized 1 acyl glycerol 3 phosphate acyl transferase (LPAAT) gene from Brassica juncea L. Var. Pusa Bold. PusaAgri Sci., 32:26-32 .
5. Kumar, R. R & Santha, I.M (2008) Characterization of LPAAT Domain from Brassica junceaHomologous to Putative PlsCDomain Reported from E.coli”Deepika journal from NAARM, Hyderabad.